We advise you to exercise a high degree of caution in Senegal.
Be especially vigilant in the Casamence region.
Because there is no Irish Embassy or Consulate in Senegal, we’re limited in the help we can offer you in an emergency. However, if you need assistance, you can contact our Consular Assistance Unit at the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Dublin on +353 1 408 2000.
The best help is often close at hand so if you have problems when you’re in Niger, try talking to your local contacts, tour operator representative or hotel management.
EU Directive on Consular Protection
Under the EU Consular Protection Directive, Irish nationals may seek assistance from the Embassy or Consulate of any other EU member state in a country where there is no Irish Embassy or permanent representation.
Our tips for safe travels
- Purchase comprehensive travel insurance which covers all your intended activities
- Add an alert for your destination within the Travelwise App.
- Register your details with us so that we can contact you quickly in an emergency, such as a natural disaster or a family emergency
- Follow us on twitter @dfatravelwise for the latest travel updates
- Read our Topical ‘Know Before You Go’ guide
Fri, 15 Jun 2018 12:03:10 BST